Thursday, September 5, 2013

525,600 Minutes

How do you measure a year? In daylights, in sunsets, in midnights? In cups of coffee...etc.

I've had this song stuck in my head lately, which is weird, considering I've never seen RENT (I'm like 98% sure this is from RENT..).  I don't even remember where I heard it recently that made it get stuck in my brain, but there it is.  And it has me thinking...How do you measure a year?

By the number of leaves that fall?

 
By loads of laundry?
 
 
By the kisses shared with your loved ones?
 
 
By the ideas that come into your head?
 
 
By the number of essays written?
 
 
By cat cuddles?
 
 
By cups of tea?
 
 
Another great thing about fall is that it always makes me feel philosophical. And rediscover an appreciation for black and white photos.  Black and white always seem much too solemn for spring and summer, but just right for fall and winter.
 
Sidenote: we have 167,684 minutes left of this year.  Make the most of it.
 
~From Lily With Love~

No comments:

Post a Comment