Saturday, December 29, 2012

Just in Time for New Year's!

I'm back! Sorry for the long wait...I've seen a few page views over the last 3+ weeks, so I know someone's been checking! :) Thanks for being patient...

ANYWAYS. My holidays were wonderful: delicious food, amazing gifts (way more than I could have asked for), and lots of time with friends.  Also, one of my best friends has returned to me from England! Hooray!


Onto New Year's!  I've been trying to come up with a few good resolutions for this year, but there's something holding me back.  NYRs are rarely kept, and they have come to seem a bit shallow to me.  They just don't mean what they used to mean, which is sad.  But true.  So:

A friend of mine recently posted on Facebook a couple days ago that he wanted to make a bucket list for 2013.  For whatever reason, this idea kinda clicked in my brain.  There are so many things I'm looking forward to in 2013: graduation, college, the East trip, Thailand (hopefully!), etc., and there are still resolution-y type things I'd like to work on.  Which leads me to..................

A list!  I love lists. They're amazing.  More on that particular quirk later.


I've decided to make a list of all the things I want to accomplish, the places I want to visit, the memories I want to create with people, and the NYR-ish type things I want to work on for myself over the year.  I personally think this is a brilliant plan.  While a longer list like this is intimidating to some people, it's perfect for me.  I always feel better when I have a linear idea of what I need/want to happen.

I'll post the actual list on here, for anyone that would like to have a look :)

On another note, I've only ever had one "traditional" NYE- at a friend's house with illegal fireworks and party hats and champagne and confetti and poppers and watching the ball drop on TV.  It was pretty awesome.  Usually my NYEs consist of my mom going ot bed early (she works A LOT, so I don't blame her!) and me staying up to watch the minutes and seconds tick by, then having a glass of sparkling cider and going to bed at 12:02.  True story.

This year, I'm spending it with my boyfriend and his family.  I'm excited :)

In the meantime.....................


Happy New Year!  2013 baybay.

~From Lily With Love~

No comments:

Post a Comment