Sunday, December 2, 2012

7 Simple Pleasures of the Week

This has been a tough week for me.  Application deadlines for colleges and scholarships are coming up, so I've been working nonstop on those.  Schoolwork has also been in abundance, particularly in the area of projects.  I think our teachers all think they're helping us avoid a work pileup by assigning our final projects now, instead of the end of the semester, but they're all doing the same thing, which accmplishes the exact opposite!

In addition to all the academic stuff, my personal life has taken a bit of a drama dip.  AND I'm stressed out about paying for trips and having my shifts at work cut down. Ergh.

So with all of this nonsense making my head spin, I've realized that I need to take a look at all the wonderful everyday things in my life that give me pleasure.  I read a post on another blog (please read here), and I've been inspired to write my own.

1. Beautiful Autumn weather!  Oregon is pretty unpredictable when it comes to weather, so I for one have been greatly enjoying all the sun/blue sky that has stayed with us for so long.  Yesterday it was sunny and warm enough to wear a short-sleeve tee outside with no jacket! Of course, now it's flooding, but that's another story.


2. Chinese food.  I had forgotten how delicious Chinese is! My mom and I went out last night, and I just devoured some more leftovers while watching an episode of Sherlock.  At home.  In bed.  In my pajamas.  Alone.  On a Saturday night.  I'm exciting.


3. Nutella.  I don't have to tell you how heavenly Nutella is.  If you've never experienced the bliss that is Nutella, you haven't lived.  Shame on you.  And shame on your parents for sheltering you.


4. Satsumas!  They are freaking delicious.  Easy to peel and no seeds and juicy, tangy incredibleness!  I eat like seven at a time...I celebrate when they come back to the stores.  Unfortunately they're only in stock during the holidays :( Hooray for oranges!


5. Scarves.  Another fall thing :) They're comfy and cozy and adorable and fabulous!  One of my favorite fall fashion things/

(These are the ones I bought Black Friday shopping! Read more here)

6. Christmas music.  Deck the Halls, Sleigh Ride, Walkin' in a Winter Wonderland, Silver Bells, Let It Snow, We Wish You a Merry Christmas, I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas. They're wonderful :) Definitely puts you in the mood for some holiday cheer!


7. My pretty pretty perfumes :) There are four, so I never get bored with one! Another Black Friday item, although the fragrances weren't on sale. And I didn't buy them.  But still :) So delicious! I smell like a lady now.


It can be difficult to remember the simple things in life, the trivial things that bring a smile to your face in spite of crazy life stress.  But these are mine, at least for right now :)

~From Lily With Love~

No comments:

Post a Comment