Sunday, November 25, 2012

On Being Thankful

It's been...13...days...since my last post. Ipe. I've just been so busy! But I'm back now, so onto discussion of Thanksgiving-y topics!

First off, I. Love. Food. So naturally, Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. I don't just love eating the dinner. I also love the preparation, hearing the mixer whirring in the kitchen, laughing at my mom as she krumps to "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" (sorry Mom!), and living off the leftovers for the next few days. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of our dinner! I'm still so unused to taking pictures of my own life for the blog...Le sigh.

I will, however, tell you what we ate! Mashed potatoes, green beans and broccoli, Parker House rolls (which are basically the greatest rolls you will ever eat in your life, and my mom only makes them twice a year!), cranberry sauce, stuffing, gravy, aaaaaaannndddddd turkey! And apple pie! No pumpkin pie (see previous post). It was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.!.

Secondly, I could go on for days about how much I am grateful for. So I'll just sum it up:

I am thankful for:

My five best friends, who have loved and supported and accepted me through good times and bad, whose laughs always remind me that even when you're feeling hopeless, there is always joy in the world.  I can be myself around them, and they have truly changed my life in every way.

My mom, who also happens to be one of those five best friends.  She's amazing.  I could go on for pages and pages about all the wonderful things she has done for me.  I love her :)

The opportunities in my life.  Going to college, having a job, meeting people, having a bright future.  It's amazing how much I have been blessed with.

Travel, chocolate, tea, books, cheesecake, hot food, clothing, a warm place to sleep, yoga, music, the fact that the leaves change and it rains for months on end, but then the sun always comes out again, being able to keep in touch with my distant friends, college, a loving mother, wonderful friends, knowledge, my desire to learn, my cats, and having what some many others never do.

I'm thankful!

~From Lily With Love~

No comments:

Post a Comment