Thursday, October 11, 2012

Re-purposed Shoe Rack

I don't have THAT many shoes, but I have enough that they somehow manage to ALWAYS be in the way, disorganized, or end up in a different room.  Target sells 2- or 4-tier racks made from wood and metal racks, but they're too much for me to spend when I'm trying to save money!


I snagged this little guy at Goodwill for $4.  It's secretly a CD rack, and I got the idea to use a CD rack as a shoe rack from my friend Jessica.

It's pretty basic, and not great quality wood, but it was good enough for this project!  These little things were attached to the round parts at the back:


So I took a handsaw and sawed them off!  I bought 2 cans of Krylon Metallic Spray Paint at Walmart for around $3 each, which is more expensive than I would have liked, but I wanted a color that would go with my room.


Oil Rubbed Bronze was the finish...after spray-painting the whole thing, this:


became this:


A closer look at the finished product:


It's got a super-subtle gold shimmer.  I can fit 2-3 pairs on each shelf.  I can even put my heels on it!


I put my boots on the bottom shelf (they're not in this picture!).  A few pairs are missing, but here's the general idea:

 
I love it! :D
 
~From Lily With Love~

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete