Wednesday, August 28, 2013

My Childhood

Maybe it's because I'm leaving for college in less than 4 weeks (!).  Or maybe it's because I'm seeing a bunch of people on my Facebook posting photos of themselves as children... Or maybe I just miss the simpler things.  Whatever it is, I've been remembering and reminiscing about some of the aspects about my childhood that have since been lost.

Whatevs.  These photos represent a large portion of my childhood...and I miss them!  I don't pretend to be a total "90's kid"- I was born exactly halfway through the decade, and so only half of my childhood was the 90's, and the rest was 2000 on.  But a lot of the iconic 90's kid things were present in my hoousehold and my life, so as far as culture is concerned, I considered myself about 75% a 90's kid.  Deal.

 
THIS Cartoon Network.  With the Flintstones, Ed, Edd, and Eddy, Dexter's Laboratory, Johnny Bravo, etc.  Not all the crap that's on there now.  Shout out to my friend NEtflix for bringing back some of these shows on Instant.
 
 
Don't lie.  You loved it too.
 
 
"And I would've gotten away with it, if it weren't for you meddling kids!"
 
 
I always liked the monkey Darwin and the feral brother Donny.  And the stoner sister Deb.  And the crazy Dad Nigel.  Not as much a fan of Eliza or her mom...Great show.  Quality TV.

 
If you couldn't/can't sing the theme song, we couldn't/can't be friends.  Note that this applies both to the past and present.
 
 
'Nuff said.
 
 
Seeing this^^...
 
 
And playing this^^...
 
 
...On a computer that looked like this^^  Yes, ours really did look like that.  EXACTLY like that.  In fact, I think it's still in storage somewhere...Also, two words: DIAL-UP INTERNET.
 
 
That's right, I had a Josefina doll! American Girl FTW.  I also had a Kailey doll (complete with the surfboard and the stuffed Golden Retriever) and a subscription to the American Girl magazine.  And I visited the superstore in Chicago.  BAM.
 
 
Best. Day. Ever.
 
 
And, of course, no childhood is complete without Honey Stix.
 
Oh, and a picture of me as the cutest kid ever.
 
 
You're welcome.  Class dismissed.
 
~From Lily With Love~

No comments:

Post a Comment